Thursday, March 25, 2010

the man who lost...chapter 2 page 8

Thursday,February 12,2004
12:30 p.m.
Hometown-The Office
I had just finished closing a deal with a client who wanted to buy a Brabus.I was all alone in the office.I had to go to the finance company to submit a couple of loan applications for my clients’ Beemer.But I changed my mind and called my staff.
“Risz,where are you?I need you here in the office now.I want you to go to the finance office for submitions.Hurry up.”
I went out to the cafe nearby to have my meal.I thought of having Chinese food for lunch.I ordered dim sum and a bowl of mushroom soup and ice lemon tea.While having my meal,I saw Belinda’s car passed by. Shortly thereafter,she called me asking my whereabout.I told her I was having my lunch and asked her to join me,but she refused as she had had hers.Then after I’d finished,as usual,I lit up a cigarette and I went to the VIP room at a reserved corner of the cafe.I was alone in that room.I ordered a cup of Double Espresso and a blueberry cupcake.Heavy dessert.I don’t like having ice cream in the afternoon.It’s not good for health,I might say.Then,I came to think about Sue.A nice girl who lives in the east coast.I thought of ending up our relationship because I think we’re not good for each other.I mean,I wasn’t good enough for her.I’ve been thinking about the matter one whole night the night before.I picked up my cell and started dialling.
“Hi,dear” Her voice answered in the other end.
“Hi...whatcha doin’?”
“Emm... nothing much,just got back class.I was resting actually.Had your lunch?”
“Just.You?”
“Shortly. Why your voice sounds wierd?Anything wrong?”
She kind of feeling something when she asked me the question.
“To be frank,yes there is.Sue, I’m leaving you.I’m sorry to say this but that’s what I’ve decided.You’re a good person but I’m not.I’m not in your league.I don’t have that kind of heart that you’re thinking I have.I screwed you up before and I’ll screw you up again.I don’t want that to happen.I don’t want to break your heart again and again and then say I’m sorry.It’s better off this way,we split.I know there a lot of better guys out there that fit you,a kind-hearted man who can treat you better,who can love you better.I know we’ve been together for 9 fabulous months,but I can’t pretend to be the guy I’m actually not.I tried to be how you wanted me to be,but as you know me,I live in my own rules.Yes,I do love you so much,and by any chance if possible,I don’t wanna break your heart,but this is what I’ve got to do.I’m not asking for forgiveness but I have to say this,I’m trully sorry...”
I could hear she cries.
“Bob,are you saying that all those time you were pretending, pretending you love me,pretending you need me, pretending you miss me,pretending you can’t live without me?Is that our relationship are all about?Pretendings?”
She was sobbing.
“No,I wasn’t.I love you and it’s true.What I was trying to say is,I don’t wanna pretend to be the man I don’t want to.We are 3 hours apart,you’re up there, I’m down here,you wouldn’t know if I go out or seeing someone else.I know you wouldn’t do it, but I did.I screwed you up so many times in so many situations but you only knew one of it. Hell, you didn’t deserve it.”
I explained.She was still sobbing.I took a sip of the coffee.
“I wasn’t sure if this is the best decision for us,but I’ve to stick with it as that’s what I’ve decided.I’m not proud of it but I have my principles.I love you,and I still do. Trust me on that.But I just can’t go on with our relationship.I hope you understand that I’m chosing not to be with you and I need you to respect that decision.I’m sorry again.”
“Bob,if that is what you’ve decided,what can I say,one way or another,I still have to accept it.You’ve once told me that I shouldn’t lowered myself to a man.So,I think this is the best and suitable time to do so. But,there’s one thing I wanna to ask you,can we still be friends?”She asked me,still sobbing.
“Of course we can.I never want us to have any kind of complications whatsoever.We are gonna be friends forever, ok.”
I answered.
“Sue,you just take care of yourself,be good,be who you are.I will always remember you as a person who’s once happened to be a part of my life.”
“Bob,I hope you’ll do the same.I’ll always remember you to.Promise me to keep in touch.”
“I will.Bye.”
“Bye.”
So,I ended it.That was actually the best thing for her,not for me.I finished my lunch with a sad feelings.I stared at the coffee table in front of me and tried to think deeply about what I’d just did.I went back to my office to continue my work.There were a few customers waiting for me and Belinda was attending them.
“Can you continue please?” She asked me and I smiled, “Ok.”
I’d closed another two deals.I was quite happy with it.
“Wow,you’ve done great today.”
“Emm, whatever.”I grabbed my car keys and went out.
“I’m going to the R&V.I’ll be back at 3.Ask Risz to prepare the loan agreement for the the latest two.The calculation is on my table.And one more thing,please keep the documents once Risz return them to you.They are for the BMWs’.”
“Ok,drive safe.”
“I will”,and I went off.I brought along some files to be submitted to the R&V.I knew a few officers there pretty well,they might help to me to process ‘em faster.My cell rang.
“Hello.”
“Hi Bob,still remember me?”
“Sorry,I don’t.Who’s this?”


...to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment