Thursday, March 4, 2010

the man who lost....chapter 1

Thursday,August 26,2004
9:00a.m.
Zary’s Resident
I just had my shower,when my brother,Zary,reached home.He asked about my plans I was about to carry out that day. “Nothing much,just to make some phone calls to set appointments or maybe doing some research thru the net,that’s all.”I replied.I went straight to my room to get dressed as he went downstairs after he heard his cell beeping.I was in front of the mirror when he approached me and said, “Bro,you’re a free man.” “What?”I summoned. “ You’ve just been freed by Effa!”,he replied. “She called you?”I asked.“Naahh...she sent you a message thru my cell,downstairs,my cell`s there.”,he answered and I said, “Oh really?Did she know what she’s doing?The message still there in your cell,bro?” “Yup!”,he replied and I went down.
“Bob,I’m sorry to say this but I think I don’t want to go on with our relationship.I didn’t mean to play or fool you around,I just think that we should call it off.I’m in The Northern now and maybe I’ll be staying here,working and make a living here.So please,stop searching for me.I’m sorry again...” “So be it,if that’s what you want..”,I whispered.And so,she dumped me,whatever.I ran back to my room and there Zary was,before me and asked,“So?” “Whatever...”.I answered,then he went into the bathroom and took his shower.I looked in the mirror,and started asking myself why and how could it come to happened.Was it my fault?I wasn’t good enough?I didn’t spend good times with her?Was it because of my behavior over the past few weeks before that when I was facing some stupid complications back in my hometown?Or maybe she doesn’t had any feelings for me at all,by all means,right from the beginning and all those times she was pretending?We talked over the cell everyday,we chatted, we shared our stories,we met and spent times together,we shared great romantic moments.Where was it that appeared to be the problem then?I stopped asking myself those questions and continue getting dressed.Then,I went down stairs and stepped out from the house,I pull out a stick of cigarette and lit it up.A puff to another and that thought came across again. “Damn it...”I whispered in a deep tone. “Do I have to face this? Should I put myself in this kind of situation again?Why does it always happened to me?”I moaned. But I stopped babbling to myself as Zary stepped out from the house and ready to go. “How are you holding up,bro?”He asked me and I said, “Fine,I’m ok.I can live with it.I knew this was goin’ to happened.I kinda feel it,but I just don’t think it’ll be happening in the time like this,you know, this fast,this easy.But hell,I can live with it, one way or another,I still have to accept it,and I still have to face it.”I started the car.The air condition inside the car was good,but still my heart was in fire although I was trying hard to calm it down.The message from Effa was still there wandering in my mind,it’s just like a wake up call for me,a wake up call that really woke me up from my dreams.Dreams? Yup, dreams.But there it was,the dreams seems to fade away as times passed by.I strolled the road to my office as along the way,the road were as usual, busy.We reached our office at about 20 minutes after ten.The office has already opened by one of our staff.I put my briefcase in my office and then walked to the cafe nearby to have my breakfast. “Bob,are you going to have your breakfast?” Shaffe,our production exec,asked me. “Yup,come along,ask Zary to join us..”I replied. We walked along the pavement to the joint as my brother followed from behind.I thought about having heavy breakfast,but I changed my plan,a glass of iced nescafe would be enough.And that was all I had that morning,A glass of my favourite drinks and my cigarettes. “Just that bro?You don’t want to eat anything? What,losing your appetite already?”Zary asked me. “Not really,I just don’t feel like eating, maybe later.”I replied and continue puffing my stick.I read the newspaper but it seems like I wasn’t getting any of it,the news,the advertisements,like it was nothing in there. “Damn,here it comes again...”I moaned. “What`s up man?”Shaffe heard me when I moaned. “Oh, nothing bro,I’m just moaning to myself.”I overruled. “Hey,Zary,what’s up with him? With the looks like that,anything wrong?”I looked at him then to Zary as he replied,“Heartbreaks..!” “Huh...break-ups?Which one?Which one?”Shaffe turned back to me. “.....” “When?”Shaffe gave an interested glance through his questions. “She texted me this morning.She’s calling it off,so officially,we’re done.That’s it.”I told Shaffe as I took a sip of my drinks. “So,you really don’t have your appetite today,huh?So,what about the others?You still have another two or three left,haven’t you?”Shaffe started to seemed interrogating me.“Ok,look,no offence but,I don’t want to talk about it right now.I’m ok,I’m fine.It’s just a small matter.Yeah I’m sad,but it will never affect anything.I still have the others,ok guys.”Full stop.It wasn’t like I got carried away with what has happened,it’s just that I don’t know what to think.I have to admit, I was sad. Sad enough to make me feel less good about myself that day.


...to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment