Monday, March 22, 2010

the man who lost...chapter 1 page 6

Saturday,August 28,2004
21:50 p.m.
Hometown
“She asked for that?What’s up between both of you?She’s seeing someone else?She knows ‘bout Michelle and Gee?Are the two of you still friends?”
Aunt Anne asked me when I told her Effa.
‘Yeahh,maybe she’s not ready for further commitment,I guess,and of course we’re still friends.(I guess...)I don’t think she knows ‘bout Michelle nor Gee, I’ve never told her ‘bout them.Nevermind ‘bout that,Aunt Anne,what can I say if she didn’t want me anymore..”
I said in quite a deep voice.
“Hey c’mon,you’re a big man,Bob,I know you’re even better than this,Effa’s still young,just let her go,who knows,maybe one day she’ll come back to you.There are a lot of women out there who are still single,you might find one.She might be better than Effa,she may also be even better than the others that you’re with right now.Just hangin’ there,ok.”
As usual,Aunt Anne with the best thing she always had,the words of wisdom.
“Yeahh,you’re right.I’m holding up pretty well,I’m ok.But to be frank,I still have feelings for her,I do and I still love her.”
I told Aunt Anne about it because I knew she could understand my feelings because she’s like a mother to me.She’s the one who’d been helping my late grandfather raising me up.
“And frankly,I still want her to come back,if only it’s possible.But whatever it is,it has been said and done.I just have to go on with my life.”


Thursday,September 16,2004
10:00 a.m.
Office
“E.....I know we haven’t spoken for quite sometimes and our last conversation wasn’t quite pleasant,but stop being mad with me and start being friends again....” Then I sent the message.
It has been twenty days since she dumped me.The night before I had a dream about Effa.I didn’t really know why,but it was just a dream I guess.And I knew she was trying to avoid from talking to me even she’d once said she didn’t want us to be like enemy.That was why I just sent her message,I didn’t call her even though I wanted to.I switched on my computer and my note book. I’ve got to be prepared as I have some appointments to attend.
“Hey Bobby,what’s up bro?” Shaffe said.
“Emm,nothing much.Quite sleepy today though.I couldn’t sleep well last night.”I replied.
“Oh really?Me too,I got back late,somewhere at 4.Zouk was quite happening last night,you know Ladies Night.My,my...the chics were fabulous bro.I met one sexy chic,she was awesome.”
“God bless you,dude.”I laughed.
“Hey, you should check it out,you haven’t been goin’ out lately,c’mon,how about this Friday night?Saturday night maybe?”
“I don’t think so.I’ve got to keep it low for a while.I need to have enough rest,maybe some other time.Hey,had your breakfast already?”
“Not yet.Come.Zary,are you coming?”
“I’ll be there in a minute,you guys just go first.”

No comments:

Post a Comment