Tuesday, March 9, 2010

the man who lost...chapter 1 page 5

Saturday,July 24,2004
18:30 p.m.
Effa’s Resident
“Honey,I’m sorry I didn’t tell you that I’m a bad person.I’m sorry.It’s ok if you don’t want me to be here.I can stay at my friend’s.”I said to Effa as I was changing my clothes. “Have I mentioned that?Don’t be ridiculous,dear.Let me see it.”,she replied as she looked at my bruises. “Tell me what happened.”

00:30 a.m.
“I’m goin’ down for a while,want anything?” Effa asked me as she puts on her top. “Nope.But maybe ice nescafe would be fine.”I replied.“That’s all?Anything to eat?”,she continued.“I’ve eaten already this evening with my brother before I came here.”“Ok,I’m not gonna be long.If you want to get a nap,go head,I’ll wake you up when I’m back..See you.” She kissed me and left.I just had my bath actually,I put on my short pants and Jack Daniel black T-shirt.I looked in the mirror,the bruises still there but was healing.Looked a little bit better after Effa put some ointment on it.I switched on the radio on the bedside table listened to my favourite channel,Hitz.fm.Serena C was in the house.She played ``The Reason’’ by Hoobastank.I took out a novel from my bag,a novel written by Tom Clancy,The Netforce-Hidden Agenda.I went through page by page then I fell asleep.

01:45 a.m.
“Darling,wake up.Here’s your drinks.”Effa woke me up in a slow tone.I opened my eyes and saw her face smiling at me. “Emmphh,what time is it?I dozed off while reading my book.So sleepy.” I said while getting off the bed. “It’s 01:45,drink it first,then continue your sleep.’’She replied. “Nevermind,I want to wash my face.Had your supper?” “Yup.”And I went to the bathroom. “Hi,Bob,are you ok?”Sarah,Effa’s housemate,passed over me. “Yeahh,I’m fine.”I replied,shortly. “I heard what happened,are you sure you’re ok, Effa was quite anxious about it when she told me what happened.”She continued. “Yeahh,really,I’m fine.It’s just a small matter.”I kind of trying to convince her.I wasn’t sure if it was necessary.“Ok.Good night then.” “Good night.”,and she went straight to her room and I went to the bath room.Effa was brushing her layoured-black-hair when I entered her room.She’d changed to her silk nighties. “You look beautiful,dear.”I said. “Thanks.” “The bruise still aching?Want to put some more ointment?”She asked me while I was wiping my face. “No,it’s ok, thanks anyway.I’ll put it tomorrow.”I answered. “I think you’d better go and see the doctor. See if there’s anything worse beside the bruises.I’ll come with you.I’m free tomorrow.What do you say?We go,ok?” “I don’t think so.As I said,I’m ok,I’ll go if I think it’s necessary,ok.”I replied although I knew it wasn’t a good answer,for Effa,especially. “Honey,don’t be stubborn, the bruises and the swellings look really bad.Just go,please.” “No,dear,I’m ok,I’ll go if it goes bad, ok?I promise.”I tried to convince her. “Ok,suit yourself.Just let me know if you change your mind.But at least,let me put some ointment on it now.Come here.”,she insisted.I sat beside her on the bed and she started wiping the ointment on the bruises on my left side face.“Honey,would you promise me something?”She asked.“What is it?” I replied. “Promise me you won’t do it again?Promise me you’ll stop doing those things? Would you?” “I promise.”Short and instant.She smiled and kissed my lips. “I have your word now,so keep it.” “I will.I promise to be better.I promise I’ll stop doing those things, I know it wasn’t good.I admit it was my mistake,ok,so,I promise,I’ll be good.”She smiled again. “I love you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment